Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Friday, September 01, 2006

Altered glass jar

This is my first altered glass jar. I still love the bird and nest theme as you can see. I have always found glass jars very fascinating, so altering glass jars is something new and exciting for me, there are so many possibilities especially for the x-mas time. I will have to look out for interesting empty glass jars everywhere now.

I've used the gorgeous pink paper tinsel for the nest whith which Cerri had packed the bird swap parcel for me and the tiny bird eggs she was also so friendly to have sent me.

Now this is what I've bought last weekend in the African bead & button shop in our "Schnoor-Quarter" of which I forgot to take a photo:

I loved the tiny glass stars and the fish and I'm also a sucker for pearly buttons (nacre).

15 comments:

MariaJ said...

Its so unique and beautiful! I've never seen anything like this. What a great idea! I bought couple glass jars a month ago but I filled them with stones and shells.

creani said...

Carol, da ist es ja-das ist so süß geworden! Ich kenne diese Altered Jars und möchte es mal mit einer Fairy drin versuchen, aber mit den Vögeln ist es auch wunderschön!
*N

Janet said...

I had not seen altered glass jars so this was a real treat. And the buttons are beautiful!

Britt-Arnhild said...

I need all my old glass jars for jam :-)

Anita said...

Oh Carol! Those glass jars are so beautiful; I never saw that kind of altered art before. I inherited similar old glasses from my grandma. So now, there is a better idea than just to put candles inside - I just need the right "ingredients"... ;-)
My last days have been very busy, I almost missed your window-shopping tour at the Schnoor quarter (just admired it some minutes ago).
Have a relaxing Sunday!

Karen said...

Oh, I like your beads and buttons! Especially how you've arranged them and chosen the lighting for the photograph.

Maggie Ann said...

I too love the buttons and the 'altered glass jar' is a new idea to me. You've made a special visual for the eye to contemplate and enjoy.

Sigrun said...

A very good idea, Carol! I have a lot of glases like this in the cellar! :-)

Sigrun

Deb said...

It's beautiful, Carol, and I really like the little tag you have hanging from it.
~Debbie

Naturegirl said...

Peace love and blessings that is what I see here!Cracks me up how our kindred spirits post similar images!I LOVE the heart beads!

Daisy Lupin said...

The buttons etc in the photo of gorgeous. The idea of altered glass jars is an interesting idea, I haven't heard of this before.

audrey said...

oh Carol...this is so gorgeous. I love all the little eggs and how you did the word "nest".

Tea & Margaritas in My Garden said...

Love your collage Carol, and nice work area!
And I enjoyed your pictures of Bremen.

tea
xo

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Scrapjar, I love these sort of things! Yours is very pretty !!

Missy said...

Hey I like your collage and altered glass, which was new to me too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails