Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Friday, February 24, 2006

Antique stencil kit

My mum gave me this antique stencil kit that she has once found on a flea market, thinking I could use it in my artwork. I've tried out the letter KR and it looks great!



8 comments:

MariaJ said...

Every letter is an art piece! What a treasure your mother has found! I love decorated letters.

Dawn said...

What an unusual treasure...I am repeating what mariaj said..but that IS the most accurate description for me...
Wow!!!

Alice said...

That is beautiful. You will have so much fun with that. I did a course in Calligraphy many years ago but don't use it very much although I love decorated letters and reading beautiful handwriting.

Lulu said...

how beautiful

Ulla said...

Lucky you! I once cut my own stencil like these, it took hours, you have yours instantly... I can see a million uses.

pam said...

What a beautiful set. My friend bought just one of these stencils for $4.00; your mom found a gold mine!

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

A Beautiful treasure Carol, I'm sure you'll have a lot of pleasure using the letters to embellish your art work.
They look as if they are made from copper? Marion

Carol said...

Thank you all for your kind comments :D

Oh Pam I'm happy that you took a peek on my blog too :D

Jep they are made from copper Marion!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails