Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Things I love

I love glass!

And my newest glass thing is this glass jar with an emblem and I love little quail eggs, so even Easter ist still over 7 weeks away I couldn't resist to put some of them into my new jar. It has almost my initials, well almost lol my forename starts with a C and not a G, but hey who cares, as long as it looks so beautiful?


Then as sometimes I just can't get enough I 've filled another glass jar with quail eggs

15 comments:

Kali said...

very nice ~ very beautiful ~ i love glass! Those quail eggs look perfect placed in those jars.

MariaJ said...

I have some of those eggs too! The jars are very very nice and you can put there whatever you want and theres always a different look. Of course they are beautiful also without anything.

Ulla said...

These are lovely, I adore the quail eggs. Is that amazing collage in 'pinks' on the wall, by you too???

Mindy said...

Love those jars..just beautiful!

Carol said...

Yes Ulla, I've just finished the pink rose collage this last weekend and have send it off to England today for a swap. I'm glad that you find it amazing! :D

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Lovely display Carol. You have such an artistic flair with your decorations, Super!
Marion

Lulu said...

how beautiful

Maggie Ann said...

Is Easter really that soon! As for your pictures, Carol you are an artist with a camera...and collage!

ms*robyn said...

gorgeous jar - is it old? but a dumb question - are the eggs real?

Carol said...

Nope unfortunately the glass jar is brand new! And yes Robyn the little eggs are real! They are from little birds called quails in English.

Thank you all for your lovely comments! :D

Alice said...

Have the quail eggs been 'emptied' and filled with something else? Surely they are not fresh quail eggs? What if they go bad?

ms*robyn said...

Carol - do you buy the eggs at a supermarket and do you eat them? sorry for all the questions. xoxo

Sandy said...

Carol you collect alot of different stuff!!! Love the glass jars.

Carol said...

LOL yes Sandy I do!

Hey Alice :D - long time no see!
The eggs are emptied, they cant go bad anymore, but they are not filled with something else, just empty little quail eggs. Very fragile though.

No Robyn, I don't eat them, you can buy them here in flower and craftshops if your lucky enough to find them.

Garden girl said...

you have the gift of making simple things look sooo exquisite...how perfectly lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails