Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Memories

Yesterday my Dad gave me this old photo. My Grandma used to sell Christmas trees ( fir trees) on their courtyard when I was a child (my Grandpa was a forester in a very woody German region called the "Harz") and my cousin and I loved to play hide- and- seek between the trees. Aww good old times!

7 comments:

Britt-Arnhild said...

Aren't these old memories so sweet Carol. A goal in my life is to create soch great memories for my own 4 kids.

Carol said...

Reading your Blog I think you have already reached your goal Britt! Oh and 4 kids! I thought you have 2, what a good mum you are!

Garden girl said...

I thought you had two aswell Britt!! Also agree with carol about reaching your goals britt - youve taught me a thing or tow too!

Carol - I love this photo - oh suchhappy memories - that forest looks dense...you look snug in your warm clothes.

Carol said...

Hi Krissie, thank you, I'm glad you like my photo, but that's not a forest on the pic, the trees are already cutted down and standing on my grandparents courtyard, ready to sell them.

Maggie Ann said...

Thats adorable! What a cutie pie you and your cousin were. So Germany is your homeland. I was thinking you were an American living there. You have a great blog...love coming by!

Carol said...

Yep I'm born in Goslar a very old little city in Germany and have always lived here, except of the year I've been an au pair girl in France. I've moved to Bremen with my parents when I was one year old. It's very flattering that you thought so Maggie Ann because that means that my English skills aren't that bad he he

zephyr said...

What a wonderful photograph
and sweet memories!!
I love old family photographs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails